Tuesday, February 15, 2011

summer intensives

I always thought that taking class every week and performing was all there was available for dancers to make it in the performing industry.  I was then introduced to these summer intensive programs.  Wasn't sure what exactly they had to offer and how it would benefit a dancer versus the benefit of the company.  After reading more about what summer intensive programs strive for and focus on, I would definitely make an effort to try out and take advantage.

I looked into several programs coming up this summer.  While all the schools offer the same benefits and have the same purpose, I really wasn't inclined to a specific school.  However I would love to take a summer intensive course in New York City, where I plan on pursuing my dance career.  While researching, I did not find unique aspects of the different schools, however I know each program has its own exclusivity to it.  I hope that I can take advantage of this great opportunity this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment